Is this thing on?
June 10, 2011
So, has anything interesting happened since I last blogged 10 months ago?
- Nicole came and visited Uganda where she turned 26, then we celebrated our one-year anniversary in Amsterdam.
- Worked full-time and balls-out on the Perata for Mayor of Oakland campaign from September to November.
- We lost that campaign in the first ever ranked-choice-voting reversal-of-fortune.
- Tea Party revolution; Democrats lost the House.
- Was very depressed.
- Went to Hawaii; felt a little better.
- Jerry Brown sworn in as Governor.
- Tried to figure out what to do with my life.
- Nicole and I decided to get these god-dammed dissertations done as fast as possible.
- Gave our lovely dog Aidan to my parents for safekeeping.
- Turned 32 years old.
- Applied for eleventy-billion fellowships.
- Arab Spring: revolutions across the Middle East and North Africa.
- Nicole ended her time as a survey project manager at the Public Policy Institute of California.
- Moved out of our apartment in Jack London Square and did a one-month stint in Moraga.
- Moved to Turkey in March to conduct dissertation field research for six months.
- Elections in Uganda.
- Received only one (!) fellowship; looks like I’ll be back in Uganda in the fall. Perhaps Nigeria too, if I can swing it. Nicole received a fellowship on campus and will be back in August.
- About a dozen of our friends gave birth to beautiful healthy babies.
- Making good progress on the dissertations.